Here are my five things that I’m thankful for this week:
- I passed my glucose test! It had been a major source of stress for me, but I passed. I’m thrilled to not have to stick myself to check my blood sugar for the rest of this pregnancy.
- Two ladies from church who already have children prayed for me when I was waiting to get my test results.
- A neat encounter at the optometrist’s office. The tech who was helping me asked if I was having a boy or a girl. I told her a boy, and she said that she had her son when she was 21. “People are so negative about having children when you’re young,” she said, “but I’m really glad that I did.” Hearing a positive comment was so refreshing.
- One of my husband’s good friends from college and his wife are moving to our town next week. It will be fun to have some friends who are in a similar life stage to us be close by.
- My husband and I were able to get some good work done on the baby’s room last weekend. It’s hard to believe that our little boy will be in our arms in about 3 months.
“Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” – 1 Thessalonians 5:18