I started following Trim Healthy Mama in November of 2015, when I was halfway through my pregnancy with my son. It worked well for staying healthy while I was pregnant. When my son was 12 days old, I had to quit dairy because it was giving him problems. Dairy fixed the issue (which was great!), but I was left struggling to replace my dairy-containing Trim Healthy Mama foods with other recipes that were still healthy.
All Trim Healthy Mama recipes are sugar free, and many are also gluten free. However, it can be more of a challenge to find Trim Healthy Mama recipes that are also dairy free. Here are 10 great breakfast options for the dairy free Trim Healthy Mama!
1. Scrambled Eggs and Turkey Bacon (S)
2. French Toast in a Bowl (S) – substitute coconut oil for the butter
3. Blueberry Baked Oatmeal (E)
4. Old Fashioned Oats (E) – NOT instant oats, as those are not on plan
5. Baked Fruit and Nut Cups (S)
6. Apple Cinnamon Waffle (E) – substitute unsweetened applesauce for the Greek yogurt
7. Kate’s Spinach Eggs (S)
8. Coconut Yogurt (S)
9. Coconut Cream Berry Crunch (S)
10. Pumpkin Pie Smoothie (S)
Note: I have included some recipes that contain butter. Coconut oil is a 1:1 substitute for butter, and that is what I use in such recipes to adapt them for my needs.